img4 Immigration to one of the European countries is and remains an impossible dream for a lot of people. And if before 1995 immigration legislation of European countries was quite loyal and made it relatively easy to pass legalization, the laws nowadays became more stringent. Nevertheless, in some European countries the opportunity to legally obtain a residence permit at first, and then the possibility of permanent residence remained. However, one should be ready to undergo numerous bureaucratic hurdles and a long waiting for the decision. You need to be prepared to refusal as well.


There are different ways to acquire a residence permit in Europe: you can get the status of a business immigrant, buy real property, use the program on repatriation and to reunite with family. The latter method is quite popular, but it can be implemented only when having relatives in that European country where you want to relocate, or by marrying its citizen.The most popular countries where you can get a residence permit through family connections:

  • Germany;
  • Greece;
  • Czech Republic;
  • Austria;
  • Finland;
  • Sweden;
  • Lithuania;
  • Latvia;
  • Slovenia;
  • Slovakia;
  • Estonia;
  • Netherlands.

Family reunification may be grounds and allow relocation to the family members residing in the territory of a country within the European Union. These can be parents, own or adopted children, spouses or other relatives.Immigration law in each European country has its own nuances. For example, in Latvia the conjugal bond is not considered when calculating the degree of relationship, in other words, those wishing to obtain a residence permit in Latvia will not be able to use marriage as a basis for family reunification. In Denmark there is a requirement to spouses age – they should not be under 24 years. In Finland, not only the marriage registered officially is taken into account, but the proof of cohabitation of common-law spouses. Austrian laws require living in the country for at least four years, and for two of them you need to be married to a citizen of Austria.

First steps

First of all, the conditions and requirements of the immigration law of the selected country are to be studied – the one where the relatives or spouse (wife) reside. Then it is necessary to prepare a set of documents. Usually this is statement, the papers confirming the degree of relationship, domestic and foreign passports, notarial permission to relocate for minor children, residence permit or proof of citizenship of the reuniting person, the documents proving the availability of sufficient financial means to support his family and others. More detailed information should be clarified in the consulate or the embassy of the country the residence permit of which you plan to obtain. The documents are usually filed in the country of residence, after which the applicant may be granted a visa for family reunification.The whole process is quite time-consuming and has many details that should be considered for the successful resolution of the issue of reunification with relatives. Therefore, to minimize the material and time expenditures to the greatest possible extent and to increase the likelihood of achieving a result, it is better to consult specialists. Our company offers professional assistance in obtaining a residence permit in European countries on the basis of family reunification. Contact us to get detailed information about our prices, warranties and terms. We guarantee an individual approach and confidentiality to all our clients.

family reunification in

Block C/D Le Panorama
57 rue Grimaldi
98000 MC
Tel.: +33 1 82 88 38 98
Skip to toolbar